Sunday, January 4, 2009

Isha Yoga Ashram

I have just come from a 2 hour treatment at the rejuvenation centre here at Isha Yoga Ashram and feel wonderful--something I haven't felt for a while since getting a gastric bug on New Year's Eve. I was told about this place by a French woman that I met in Ooty who raved about it and I can see why. It is an oasis of peace and beauty with wonderful healthy food and the most beautiful temple with fantastic acoustics. You can check it out at www.ishafoundation.org
I am still with my 3 young travel mates, Manoj, Cara and Joseph and they have been a joy to travel with. Cara and I have been sharing accomodation and I feel so connected I am sure we will be lifelong friends. She has been travelling in Nepal and India for 9 months and is returning to Kelowna in a couple of weeks. We discovered that we know many of the same people and have many common interests. She is only 22 but is such an old soul.
I am not sure what comes next--we leave here tomorrow, and Cara and Joseph plan to travel in Kerala. Have a few more things to do in Coimbatore and I will be back on the road.
I hope you all had a wonderful New Years and wish you the best for 2009. It feels like the beginning of some big changes in most people's lives.
Talk to you again soon.
Love,
Mary Lou

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    I have linked to your article here: http://ishas.blogspot.com/2009/01/mary-had-little-bug.html
    Happy that you got the chance to visit the ashram. It is indeed such a magical place.
    While you are there, see if you can attend the Isha yoga programs!
    Anto

    ReplyDelete